Welcome to Title I for Parents
The Brocton Central School and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards. Parents have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teachers and paraprofessional staff.
This school-parent compact is in effect during the 2013-14 school year.
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards.
2. Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement and provide parents reasonable access to staff.
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress.
4. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and with other school activities.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the state’s high standards. Specifically, we will:
· Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need it.
· Read at least 30 minutes every day outside of school time.
· Give my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from my school every day.
Please sign and return to the school.
|Contact Information: Ms.Elizabeth Parra|
Voice Mail: 716-792-2129